Your website and 15 homepage sins that might be costing you sales
A lot of times, it’s as much about what you don’t do as what you do. This could be especially true of your website. There is a considerable amount of wacky things that can send visitors running away from your site. Let‘s see which if any of these apply to you.
- Not possessing a clear objective – According to DinkumInteractive.com a user needs to know exactly what the site is about in 4 seconds or they’ll click away.
- Not making the content scannable – We read in chunks, and if you can’t scan your web page and get the gist of it in a few seconds, you could turn off a significant percentage of your visitors!
- Not being mobile ready – Mobile is no longer an extra, as according to Google half of all online traffic is mobile.
- Not using videos on your website – Just about everyone has video cameras in our phones–so there’s no excuse for not using video on your website!
- No fresh, quality content – No tricky to read text, spelling or grammar boo-boos, or overly long pages.
- No contact information – You need to be sure that your customers can contact you if they want to!
- Not collecting emails or newsletter signups – You do wish to be in business for the long haul, right?
- Not utilizing title and description Meta tags on your website – These can help you to get indexed and ranked on the internet.
- No social sharing buttons – Social media is a huge part of search engine optimization now, and you should make your content shareable.
- No or poor Calls-to-Action – You want an action from your visitors; ask for it!
- Poor site navigation – Stay away from drop down menus, and be sure that every pages on your website include links back to your home page.
- Not optimizing images – You should definitely use the ALT and TITLE attributes for any images you post.
- Overuse of Flash – Besides being a pain for the GoogleBot to read, it can be very annoying to your visitors.
- No metrics to determine your progress – Do you really not want to know the quantity of people are coming around and from where? Exactly what do they like, or not like?
- “Intro” pages – These are relics of an prior age, and now obstruct your content.
For guidance and professional consulting when it comes to your business’ marketing, contact us at UnderGround Marketing Society LLC. We can be reached by phone, at 888-296-9052, or email: [email protected]