If you’re new to social media marketing, it can be a little bit overwhelming. Instead of allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, take note of the 15 social media tips here and use them to your advantage.
15 Great Social Media Tips
1. Use imagery in your posts – Studies show that people respond far more often to visual media these days.
2. Post regularly – Logging in and posting every once in a while is just not going to cut it.
3. Engage your visitors – Take the time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience, and get them further down the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Avoid overselling – Don’t try too hard to sell your products and services. People dislike pushy salespeople.
5. Be careful when using hashtags – While you should use them to increase user engagement, using too many can be harmful.
6. Stay on point – Always keep things relevant. Straying too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Don’t kick back – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. You’ll never win at this! Make sure to respond and stay professional.
8. Don’t get too verbose! – Long messages usually make readers head for the exits.
9. Be active in comments – Always allow users to comment and show up to engage there. Disabling them signals that you don’t care what users have to say.
10. Use tools – Scheduling posts with tools can help you manage your posting more effectively, especially if you need to be absent. Think Hootsuite, Buffer and a few others.
11. Be visual – Post videos and other graphic content as often as you are able. These get far more engagement and are shared much more than mere text.
12. Focus your efforts – Pick a few social media platforms to focus on and do those well, rather than spreading yourself too thin trying to hit everyone. Consider the majors like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
13. Vary your content – Keep your channels fresh with diverse types of content. Join and expose your content to various relevant groups within the platform.
14. Be generous – Everyone likes a deal, and offering them to your social audience is an excellent way to gain trust and shares.
15. Keep it light – Don’t forget this can be fun! Don’t hesitate to be a little edgy, and not so PC!
Chik Quintans is a Digital Marketing Strategist with a passion for helping sales teams and businesses grow. As the owner of UnderGround Marketing Society LLC, creating a strong online brand and building a broad footprint online for sales teams and businesses are he and his company's areas of focus. Whether that be leveraging marketing channels and approaches such as social media, reputation, search engine optimization (SEO), video marketing and more. Chik Quintans can be reached on LinkedIn where you are invited to connect. https://www.linkedin.com/in/chikquintans