Energize Your Email Marketing
True since the beginning of marketing, maintaining and developing a customer and prospect list is the surest way to long term growth in your business, large or small.
With that being said, it’s our job to do as good as possible at making sure we are getting fresh leads into our opt-in boxes each and every day. To accomplish this, there are lots of tactics you’ll want to employ. Let’s have a look at just 8 ways to make your inbox burst with new leads!
8 Tips for a crowded email opt-in box!
- Give away something of value – The majority of people will need or want a good reason to add you to their already overflowing inbox. To overcome this, offer a valuable reward that will fit their needs. This can be some sort of ebook, report, whitepaper, video or other lead bait.
- Don’t ask for way too much information – All you really need is their email, and maybe their name if you’re picky; asking for too much info these days makes people think you work for the NSA!
- Use testimonials alongside your form – When someone else has trusted you, especially someone they might have heard of, is a fantastic way to deliver social proof to help secure the opt-in.
- Test your button text – You don’t have to go with “Subscribe” on your button. There are many other words that may work better for you. Again, testing is the only way to know for sure.
- Utilize pop-up opt-in forms – As much as we often despise pop-ups, But they do work well. Do your reader (and yourself) a favor and limit it to one, ideally appearing when they are about to go away or have been on the site for some time.
- Use a call to action – People simply won’t do it unless you ask them to do it! Make sure you ask, offer something of value, and be bold about it!
- Tell them what to do – In the language you are using, don’t mince words. Say specific things like “Click here now to get access to this underground video!”
- Use great imagery – Letting people get a peek at what they are opting in for, or who you are, or another appropriate image that will make this offer attractive is a smart thing to do, and will help increase opt-ins!